Saturday, August 6, 2016

Arm + Motor Troubles

So! For the past couple of days I got the arm to slowly pick up objects, the video for it is somewhere stuck in mail server hell, but I do have the program. Among other things is my trouble/frustration with my motor circuit (shown above). I contacted the creator of the Chefbot, which is what Fetch's motor and frame is based off of. Hopefully he (Lentin Joseph) has some insightful suggestions! I'll eventually post the video of the arm in use...

Here's a screen-shot of the code for the arm + ultrasonic sensor (the arm grabs stuff based on the distance from the ultrasonic sensor)
I'm especially pleased with my function for slowing down the servos when they move, the function works perfectly! I've seen some other more complicated solutions, but I feel as if mine is quite simple and effective.

Basically it's just this:

For(int servoAngle = 0; servoAngle < servoPosition; servoAngle++){
    servo.write(servoAngle);
    break;
}

No comments:

Post a Comment