I know this blog is supposed to be about robots and documenting my robots, but I think I'm starting to like this whole "blogging" aspect and just ranting about my thoughts.
So, without further ado, some thoughts.
(Grendel by John Gardener is an amazing book)
Recently, for both my physics and English class we had to learn about the 4th dimension and beyond (it was almost like I was destined to learn about this stuff). Basically, the fourth dimension is time, and the fifth dimension is the connection of time. Think of the fourth dimension as being events from the 3rd dimension and the fourth dimension is a collection of those events, then the 5th dimension strings those events together. The sixth dimension is even more above the 5th and basically is all the different paths and time-lines from the 5th dimension.
So this basically means that everything that happened and will happen in time, in my and yours, our, time-line, has already happened. We have already finished reading this post and we have already died. Now, as 3rd dimensional creatures and residents we only experience time in the present and we can only recall (to a certain precision) the past. We do not concretely know the future, even though it already happened and exists.
To some, this may be depressing, we may have already failed in whatever present aspirations we had. However, after some pondering I realized that that doesn't matter. So what if it's true that we failed or succeeded in the future? We don't know that, so it doesn't matter to our present selves. We do not know if we live in the time-line of success or failure, but this means all the more that we should live and experience life as best we can. You may have already failed in the future, but that doesn't mean you can't succeed in the present and vice versa.
Perhaps it's because I'm a hopelessly wistful romantic teen who just had some weird feelings with romance (future Roy, you know what I mean even if you don't want to admit it), but this idea is comforting to me.
Yeah, that's it for now, I need some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment